All the Governors and staff at Ysgol Penboyr share an objective to ensure that the children are safe, by:
- providing a safe environment for them to learn
- identifying children who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm; and taking the appropriate actions with the aim of making sure that they are kept safe, both at home and in their educational setting.
To achieve this objective, we:
- aim to prevent unsuitable people working with the children
- promote safe practice and challenge any poor or unsafe practice
- identify instances where there are grounds for concern about a child’s welfare and initiate or take appropriate action to help keep them safe
- contribute to effective partnership working with all those involved in providing services for our children.
Should you have any queries please contact Dr. C James, Mrs. Sharon Jones or Mrs. Sharon Vobe as they are the designated persons for Child Protection. Mr. Peter Moody, Chairman of Governors is the designated Child Protection Governor. The County's Safeguarding Officer is Caryl Davies.